Dear Friends and Supporters:
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 is designated as #GivingTuesday, a national movement to support your favorite non-profits and charities during the Holiday Season! Once again, CRCVC is joining with others to celebrate a day dedicated to giving, and we ask for your support.
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Donate today – CRCVC works hard to support victims in the aftermath of crime and violence by offering emotional support, free information resources & advocacy. We offer a toll free line that survivors across Canada can call for information and assistance, and a website that houses many free information resources. We are proud to voice the needs and concerns of victims to all levels of government on legislation and policy impacting them. Your support will help us to continue this work!
- Volunteer your time for a good cause that needs your support.
- Take a picture of what you are doing today for a good cause, tag it #GivingTuesday, and upload to your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account.
- Sometimes companies will match the donation you made – check with your HR department!
The #GivingTuesday movement embodies the spirit of our work at CRCVC which is to help support and empower persons in the aftermath of crime and trauma:
- Since 1993, CRCVC staff has provided more than 25,000 hours of outreach and support to families and individuals harmed by serious crime.
Please consider a donation to support our work.
Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime