GivingTuesday – the global day of giving
Most people know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday … now we celebrate GivingTuesday, November 27, 2018.
It is a global movement for giving and volunteering, taking place each year after Black Friday. The “Opening day of the giving season,” it’s a time when charities, companies and individuals join together and rally for favourite causes. In the same way that retailers take part in Black Friday, the giving community comes together for GivingTuesday.
GivingTuesday harnesses the potential of social media and the generosity of people around the world to bring about real change in their communities; it provides a platform for them to encourage the donation of time, resources and talents to address local challenges. It also brings together the collective power of a unique blend of partners – nonprofits, civic organizations, businesses and corporations, as well as families and individuals – to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness. Across Canada and around the world, GivingTuesday unites communities by sharing our capacity to care for and empower one another.
Dear Friends and Supporters:
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 is designated as #GivingTuesday, a national movement to support your favorite non-profits and charities during the Holiday Season! Once again, CRCVC is joining with others to celebrate a day dedicated to giving, and we ask for your support.
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Donate today – CRCVC works hard to support victims in the aftermath of crime and violence by offering emotional support, free information resources & advocacy. We offer a toll free line that survivors across Canada can call for information and assistance, and a website that houses many free information resources. We are proud to voice the needs and concerns of victims to all levels of government on legislation and policy impacting them. Your support will help us to continue this work!
- Volunteer your time for a good cause that needs your support.
- Take a picture of what you are doing today for a good cause, tag it #GivingTuesday, and upload to your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account.
- Sometimes companies will match the donation you made – check with your HR department!
The #GivingTuesday movement embodies the spirit of our work at CRCVC which is to help support and empower persons in the aftermath of crime and trauma:
- Since 1993, CRCVC staff has provided more than 25,000 hours of outreach and support to families and individuals harmed by serious crime.
Please consider a donation to support our work.
Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime