Monthly Homicide Support Group
The Homicide Support Group (formerly known as the “Loss to Violence Support Group”) was formed in 2018, due to the lack of formal support for survivors of homicide.
As the need became more apparent, the group quickly turned into a virtual, national support group for homicide survivors from every part of Canada.
The group is a drop-in national support group for family members, friends and close loved ones of homicide/murder victims and is intended to offer peer support to those dealing with violent loss.
The Homicide Support Group:
• Helps normalize the intense impacts of grief
• Provides a safe, non-judgmental space
• Enables participants to discover and develop both internal and external resources
• Encourages grievers to ask for and receive support, understanding and compassion
• Helps participants learn about self-acceptance, self-care, self-comparison and resilience
• Supports members to accept and integrate the reality of the loss
• Protects against isolation and shame in a mourning-avoiding culture.
The group runs every last Thursday of the month.
To sign up, please email email@example.com or call, toll-free, at 1-877-208-0747 .
Intake process is required. The group is open to all survivors of homicide.
Virtual, English only.
For information on upcoming sessions, please visit our Events Page.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more details and updates.
Want to support this CRCVC initiative? Donate now! Empower victims today.