Crime Victim Assistance Programs
In Canada, the criminal justice system can be overwhelming to victims of crime. The Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime is here to help navigate.
You can access several crime victim assistance programs that provide a range of services, including:
- Crisis intervention and emergency shelter
- Counselling and short or long-term support
- Court preparation and accompaniment throughout the judicial system
- Information sharing with victims of federally sentenced offenders
- Victim advocacy with all levels of government (municipal, provincial and federal)
- Referrals and support programs
Services and Resources
The resource directory includes a variety of agencies, including police-based services, court-based services, community-based services, volunteers, or by non-governmental organizations or charitable organizations.