This website and Content (defined below) made available on the website (collectively, the “Site”) is made available and operated by the Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime / Centre canadien de ressources pour les victimes de crimes (“CRCVC”). Throughout the Site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to CRCVC. CRCVC makes the Site available to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
Information made available on the Site in any form is for informational purposes only. It is not, and should not be taken as legal advice. You should not rely on, or take or fail to take any action, based upon this information. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking legal advice because of something you have read on the Site. Prior results, articles, and case studies or other materials available on the Site do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- You agree that the Site itself, as well as the Content are maintained for your personal use and information by CRCVC and are the property of CRCVC and/or its third-party providers.
While certain trademarks of third parties may be used by CRCVC under licence, the display of third-party trademarks on the Site should not be taken to imply any relationship or licence between CRCVC and the owner of said trademark or to imply that CRCVC endorses the wares, services or business of the owner of the said trademark.
- If you are a copyright or trademark owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright or trademark, you agree to promptly report any alleged copyright or trademark infringements taking place on or through the Site by providing a written notice with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or trademark that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing content, and information reasonably sufficient to permit CRCVC to locate it;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in your notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright/trademark owner, its agent, or the applicable law;
- A statement by you that you attest that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright/trademark owner or otherwise authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; and
- Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
Deliver the notice to us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any passwords and user ID’s used for the Site are for individual personal use only. You will be responsible for the security of your password and user ID (if any). CRCVC will be entitled to monitor your password and user ID and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that CRCVC considers insecure, CRCVC will be entitled to require the password to be changed and/or terminate your account. You further agree not to disclose your password or user ID to any other person and CRCVC will not be responsible for the unauthorized use of your profile by any other person and are under no obligation to confirm the actual identity of any password or user ID. You agree to notify CRCVC immediately upon becoming aware of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of your password or user ID to gain access to your profile, or any breach of security, or if at any time your password or user ID is, or you believe it has been, lost, stolen, disclosed, or otherwise compromised, via email to email@example.com. CRCVC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these provisions.
- The transmission of data or information over the internet or other forms of networks may not be secure, and is subject to possible loss, interception or alteration while in transit. CRCVC cannot guarantee the security of any communication to or from the Site. CRCVC does not assume any liability for any damage you may experience or costs you may incur as a result of any electronic transmissions over the internet, other forms of networks or otherwise while using the Site. In no event will any information you provide on or through the Site be deemed to be confidential, create any fiduciary obligations to you on our part, or result in any liability to you on our part. You should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to ensure compatibility of any Site you visit with your specific computer, mobile or other device. CRCVC does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the internet.
- Subject to applicable law, in no event shall CRCVC, or any of its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, members, consultants, contractors, representatives, agents, licensors, affiliates or subsidiaries (“CRCVC Released Parties“) be liable for damages of any kind including, without limitation, any direct, special, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any loss or damages in the nature of or relating to lost business, lost savings, lost data and/or lost profits, arising from your use of, reliance upon, or inability to use the Site and/or the Content, regardless of the cause and whether arising in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if CRCVC knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
- Subject to applicable law, the Site and the Content are provided “as is” and “as available”, without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. CRCVC expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions, including any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, completeness, or non-infringement in respect to the Site and the Content, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, while CRCVC endeavours to provide Content that is correct, accurate and timely, no representations or warranties are made regarding the Site and/or the Content including, without limitation, no representation or warranty that (i) the Site or the Content will be compatible with your computer, mobile or other device and/or software; (ii) the Site or the Content will be accurate, reliable, complete, current, timely or suitable for any particular purpose, (iii) that the operation of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, (iv) that defects or errors in the Site or the Content will be corrected, (v) that the Site or the Content will be free from viruses, Trojan horses, malware, worms or other harmful components, and (vi) that communications to or from the Site will be secure and/or not intercepted. You acknowledge and agree that you are using the Site and the Content, if applicable, at your own risk and liability.
- Subject to applicable law, by accessing or using the Site, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, such Site and its Content shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, without regard to conflict of laws principles, and you agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to all matters relating to your access to and use of such Site.
- Except for any agreement in respect of Content, this is the entire agreement between you and CRCVC relating to your access and use of the Site and the Content on the Site.
Last Updated: April 21, 2020